Lake Powell/North Rim Grand Canyon

Horseshoe with no rain Sunset over Lake Powell

North Rim
North Rim
Aspen trees around North Rim
Lake Powell: Weather showed a lot of rain and cold. This actually gives some of the most dramatic skies but the clouds did prevent any regular sun for most the time I was there to do Antelope canyon after the wave. So instead of spending all day in the slot canyons waiting for sun to poke thru with 50 other people with cameras I decided to return another time when the sun was more cooperative. I spent more time at the Horseshoe, the surrounding Colorado River area and then left for the North Rim.


North Rim: I've heard it said that the North Rim was not as majestic as the South Rim. After being there I can only say that it is like comparing looking at the Eiffel Tower, Halle Berry, Brad Pitt (you get the idea) in different ways. Something spectacular is gorgeous from any view. I arrived a day earlier than the reservation but there were sites available so no problem. I spent two days along the rim trails and forest with the white bark Aspens. The last day was quite sunny and made for an enjoyable last day out before I headed for home. After two months I was ready to get home and sift thru the mound of photos I've accumulated over the past two months. But knowing I'd just scratched the surface of what is out there and that a return trip will be soon coming.


Home now, I need to develop film; process the digital pictures; take care of cars, trucks, and house projects before I head off to Michigan sometime in June. I can see this first year of retirement will be busy. But not knowing what the future brings I feel like I need to accomplish as much as I can while time is on my side.


That's all for now until the next trip. Looking back the time went fast and if the rest of the year goes this fast I'll be looking at my 62nd birthday in no time. But by that time the senoir discount will be 65 because nowhere did I see a 55 senior sign for a discount. One last comment though. So many of the people I met out on the trip were from Europe who were taking advantage of the exchange rate in their favor. Good for business certainly but I did long to see more people from here taking a break from working so hard and enjoying the sights like I was. Perhaps that will happen during the summer vacation spree should gas prices ease. Ballance in life is what it is about for me and I am glad to be trying to achieve it from the fun side of things instead of the work side of things for a change. Only time will tell......
Later


No comments: