FALL UTAH TRIP 2008

November In Southern Utah

From the trip in the spring going thru Utah Dan Nesthus and I saw way to many 4WD possibilities to be away for long. So with the possibility of fall colors and slot canyons we decided to do a fast run up there and shoot. The trip was about 11 days long in the Avalanche and tent trailer. What a truck!!!

I was excited to get to a few places I had on the list for the March trip but didn't get to. Zebra Canyon and Antelope Canyon were two of them. We also found the jump off point for the Subway hike. I was also excited to give my Hasselblad camera a test run out in the field. This was the first trip with it so getting use to it was an adventure. Like the time I noticed I failed to remove the dark slide from the interchangeable back only after taking a roll of film in Antelope Canyon........ouch!!! But thanks to the digital camera I always came out with something.

Best part for me was.............hard to say. All of it was so cool, some actually cold. Temps at night were in the 20's or low 30's. We saw rain and snow, sun and clouds so it made for good photo days. Longest hike was about 6 miles round trip.

Good hikes and great fun. Now I need to combine these photos with the ones taken in March and get them on the wall and some on the web site.

Next trip is back to Saginaw to take my dad down to Alabama in the 5th wheel. Something he has wanted to do for some time now.

Big Horn Sheep In Utah
Antelope Canyon
Kodachrome Basin


Lower Calf Falls




Devils Garden By Escalante










No comments: