Las Cruces











Friday 5th: Getting into Las Cruces was cool because of the surrounding mountains and all the dust devils. Still every day I see them around the city. Camp at Leasburg State Park is nice. Flat cement pads for the camper, covered picnic table and a fire pit. Temperatures are a pleasant 70-80 degrees during the day and sleeping bag cool at night. Stars are brilliant. Photographing of note is the Organ Mountain peaks. They are the most prominent peaks surrounding Las Cruces. I need clouds though to help pop the sky in the photos and have had little luck for clouds at least around the peaks. But that is the way the photo journey goes, you explore and take what nature gives you that day. Friday night I spent sunset out at the mountains base for sunset picts and could not believe the number of rabbits running around. They were shy but managed to get a few shots of them on the run.
Saturday: Today I got up late and by the time I got going it was 11:00 am. USED THE GPS AGAIN that so many pitched in to get me. I had the address of the swimming pool so I just keyed it in and Bamb! Took me right there, ½ hour to soon before they opened but once in, the water was nice and cool for swimming. The sides of the building open up for the outdoor feel. In the picture it’s under the dome. Swimming was the first thing on my list to do. So after getting a few supplies it is about 3:00 pm and I wonder where the day went? I haven’t done any exploring yet so better get to it. I will keep looking for clouds over the peaks but clear skys again today.
The one of the post and backlight brush are the kind of “artsy” things that take up most of my day. This one I did in color and B&W film. The digital B&W I think looks better so I am encouraged for the film versions. Lots of other attempts during the course of the trip but If I can get 5-6 that are “wall worthy” it will be a success.




Sunday: After a morning looking at a couple places that seemed like early morning light would be interesting, it was pancakes, coffee, eggs and a trip up to Truth Or Consequences. There I got the treat of the Geronimo Museum. So I give a hint at the end of the vodeo as to who Geronimo reminds me of. I’ll need to post these later because I have not processes them yet. Library in Alamogordo is where I’ll stop for another update. Until then, doing well on the road, having fun and finally got the RC car out and running a bit. Did I mention the laser beam of a Coleman 3 battery lantern? It lights up the entire camper that little thing. Used it a lot when I have no electricity in the camper to save the battery the camper has. Till Alamogordo, keep the journey alive.






Monday 7th: Alamogordo library. Oliver Lee is 10 miles out of town but better for the stars, quiet and hiking. Will not go to White Sands till tomorrow AM. due to the wind right now.....but that means an early get-up. Till then I will publish this post and check emails and do finance stuff. I could easily spend 2 hours a day just in the library. Got to take more time for other things other than photos...........even though that's where the most fun is for me. Like a kid in a candy store with all the options..........ya, I'm lovin it.






Later.






No comments: